About Me

My photo
NAME:Nurul Aini Binti Madun DATE OF BIRTH:28th of August 1989 AGE:20th Years Old HOROSCOPE:Virgo HOBBIES:Watching Cartoons & Reading AMBITION:Educator

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Essay 1 : THE GIRL I WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE!


As I walk down the runaway with the other supermodels, a vision of my past fills my head. It was an image of my twin sister posing for the camera. She had a beautiful face, like mine but at the same time, she was completely DIFFERENT. Her eyes were always full of excitement and her cheeks, pink and rosy. She had wanted to be a model ever since she sets her eyes on one. That was her dream; her ambition, not mine.
This life of mine started the minute my sister and I were born in this world. She had her tea parties at home while I spent hours at the clinic. She was attending parties while I was glued to my books. She confidently waltzed through high school while I struggled to fit in. she was the stronger one between the two of us.
One day, after soccer practice, a drunk driver rammed into her. Both my parents rushed to the mortuary to identify the body. It happened so suddenly that I couldn’t grasp the fact that i had not only lost a sister but also a part of me. When I saw her lifeless body it was like looking at a mirror, seeing myself. During those excruciating moments, I looked deep into my parents’ eyes; all I could were questions and regret. Did they hope that I was the one that they saw on the cold metal table instead of my sister?
After that incident, my parents started treating me differently. I always wondered whether it was because I was their only daughter left or because they hoped I would grow to be like my sister. I didn’t spend too much time thinking about it, filling my head with painful memories. Instead, I moved on with life.
As time passed, I began to act differently too. It seemed as though everything I did had something to do with her. I began to take pride in how I looked, the way I acted and the manner in which I spoke. I even took a part time job working as a model instead of taking literature as an extra subject. I started attending parties instead of going for tuition. In time, I gained confidence and just like my sister. Even the people at school started to know of my existence and soon, I became the most popular girl in the school.
I wondered whether this was the life she would have had if she was still here. So here I am now, leading a life which belongs to my father, my mother and my sister well, maybe a small fraction of me. I think that car accident didn’t just take her life; it took mine too. Now or perhaps forever, she will dwell in me, overshadowing me. She will be the star of the family while I remain lost and buried in her memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment